Certified Medical Assistant
Due to growth, our client is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant to join their practice. Monday thru Friday (Friday untill noon). Must have 2+ years of solid MA experience (front and back office). Position offers a competitive rate with a full benefit package. Please forward an updated resume if you meet the qualifications to:email@example.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician prior to treatment or procedures.
- ·Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- ·Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, as delegated by RN or physician.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as required or directed by physicians.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures and hospital admissions and schedules appointments to follow-up on test results, as applicable. Arranges for pre-authorizations and pre-certification as needed. Informs physician of patient reschedules and no-shows.
- Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants preferred.
- Minimum three years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant.
- Current BCLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Certified Medical Assistant
- 2+ years of solid experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.