Critical Care Registered Nurse
Full-Time Contract Critical Care Registered Nurse needed to service our men and women at Nellis Air Force Base located in Las Vegas, NV! Position offers a competitive rate to include paid benefits, PTO, vacation and more. Please forward an updated resume to isteadman@virtusplacement for immediate consideration.
TYPE OF WORK. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF
- Perform physical exam and health histories.
- Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
- Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
- Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
- Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
- Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
- Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
Excellent oral communication skills for patient/family education and telephone triage of patients. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
Degree/Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC),
Experience: Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in nursing as identified in the TO after graduation.
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) is required.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse as required in the TO.