1. Responsible for working with the Chief Dental Officer to assure that the mission is communicated and practiced and that optimal productivity, patient satisfaction and service excellence scores are achieved.
2. Provides and manages direct patient care, including intra and extra oral evaluations and treatment while meeting the Centers minimum productivity requirements per year as set by the Center and Chief Dental Officer (prorated per FTE).
3. Provides excellent customer service to assist patients with their health care needs and achieves an individual score of 90.0 overall patient satisfaction.
4. Participates in the peer review process and has 100% participation in chart audits.
5. Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
6. Carefully monitors patients’ periodontal health by measuring and recording pocket depths in the patient record in accordance to the standard of care.
7. Exhibits organizational awareness and promotion by participating in health promotion, education and/or prevention programs, or otherwise supporting the organization and its mission.
8. Maintains instruments and supplies, keeps recall lists appropriate to the need of the individual patient, and works with the Dental Front Office Clerks to schedule patients according to these needs.
9. Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients, performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduate from an accredited program of Dental Hygiene and in accordance with Texas State Board of Dental Examiners guidelines
At least one year experience preferred
Required knowledge of equipment and techniques
Knowledge of current regulations on practices for prevention of transmission of infectious diseases
Preferably bilingual in English/Spanish
Preferably possess an understanding of the socio-economic problems of low-income groups
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), American Heart Association
Must have strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Scheduled hours and/or work locations are subject to change