Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Part-time Neontal Nurse Practitioner needed to service our men and women at Portsmouth Naval located in Virginia. Position offers a competitive rate with paid benefits. Please forward an updated resume to: email@example.com if you are interested in discussing.
TYPE OF WORK.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner services in accordance with privileges granted by the MTF (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
• Technically direct and teach other staff, provide evidenced-based educational lectures and participate in in service training to staff members.
• Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, or minor trauma within accepted protocols, clinical practice guidelines, Nurse Practice Acts, and/or in consultation with a physician.
• Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
• Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
- Education: Graduate from an academic program, within the nursing specialty field of study that is accredited by a regional or national nursing accrediting agency recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Must have successfully completed at least twelve (12) contact hours of continuing NNP education within the preceding twenty four (24) months which maintains skills and knowledge as a NNP.
- Experience: Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner within the preceding two (2) years. Must Possess a minimum of one (1) year broad experience as a Nurse Practitioner in Level 3 NICUs and experience in both the newborn nursery and delivery room setting within the last two (2) years.