Part-time Dermatologist needed to join a dynamic team and facility located in San Antonio, TX! 20 hours per week and flexible schedule. Position offers a competitive salary. Forward an updated resume/cv to: email@example.com
Part-time DERMATOLOGIST OPENING – San Antonio, TX
Diagnoses and treats diseases of human skin. Provides quality, comprehensive out-patient Dermatology health care services to the Health Outcome Center patients. Provide expertise and oversight for dermatologic outcomes research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Examines, diagnoses, treats and/or refers patients assigned to physician s panel, on out-patient basis. Prescribes pharmaceuticals and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
2. Maintains a problem-oriented health record for each patient seen in accordance with the Center s established Health Information Management policies and procedures to include providing appropriate and legible documentation. Completes thorough documentation of each patient s visit in the electronic health record and ensures encounters are closed within 24 hours in accordance with the Center s established Health Information Management policies and procedures.
3. Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical services on a timely basis as per Clinic schedule within the Center s scope of practice and the provider s training.
4. Refers clients for appropriate specialty care services, lab and x-ray and any other ancillary services that are appropriate for patient s management and care.
5. Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis and makes medical management decisions appropriately.
6. Maintains appropriate productivity standards of specialty as established by the Center; maintains appropriate and efficient patient flow and minimize schedule changes and absences.
7. Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
8. Follows established departmental and clinic policies, procedures, and objectives; continuous quality improvements objectives and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
9. Participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention programs as needed i.e. and participates in clinic meetings / departmental meetings and other clinic functions as required by the Center.
10. Provide expertise and oversight as needed for dermatologic outcomes research.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited U.S. Medical School
Boarded certified in Dermatology
Must possess a current unrestricted license to practice Medicine in the State of Texas
Annual continuing medical education as required by Board specialty
Must be registered and have current DEA, and other such certificates to legally operate as a practitioner in the State of Texas
Bilingual in English and Spanish desired
Certified in Basic Life Support (BLS), Instructor-Led by American Heart Association
Scheduled hours and/or work locations are subject to change