RN Case Manager
Responsible for the facilitation and coordination of hospital activities related to concurrent review, including length of stay certifications, monitoring and response to issues and trends affecting reimbursement; monitoring and data collection for physician utilization, quality and peer review; the facilitation and prioritization of patient discharge planning needs, including equipment and supportive services, alternate care facility placement, resource analysis and planning.
- You will assure facilitation and coordination of physician discharge orders and identified patient needs.
- You will support case management/physician performance improvement interface.
- Promotes interface with managed care entities, outside agencies and other system facilities to assure effective communication and cooperation.
- Promotes quality improvement and continual staff development.
- Provides oversight and direction of department operations.
- Minimum 3 years of clinical experience within acute care setting, encompassing both direct care and managerial responsibilities.
- Knowledge of utilization review process, case management philosophy, process and models, principles and terminology of managed care.